The Facilities Maintenance Technician position will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. Able to work independently with little to no supervision. Is able to manage landscaping and maintain lawn, as needed. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read blueprints and repair manuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment;
• Maintain lawn in both locations, as needed;
• Performing preventative maintenance;
• Handling basic repairs and maintenance;
• Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary;
• Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them;
• Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
• Skilled in the use of hand and power tools;
• Have experience with A/C units;
• Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches;
• Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices;
• Eye for detail;
• Ability to maintain focus while working individually;
• Strong time management skills;
• Able to lift/move approximately 30 – 50 lbs;
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Valid Driver’s License
• Able to pass a background check
Hours: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Location: 400 Uhland Rd. San Marcos, TX 78666
Only applications and resumes that are submitted online at our website www.bgcsct.org will be considered. Applications will be accepted until position has been filled.
Non-discrimination Policy: The Boys & Girls Clubs of South Central Texas does not discriminate against anyone for any reason or because of any belief. The Center serves as a unifying force within the community and will accept any one regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender, national origin or ethnicity.